The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

publication and a data mining based tool
Posted by: djanahana
Date: August 03, 2013 04:00PM

Hi Sir

Please a have a small question, i want to know if it is possible and when we can publish a paper wich represent a data mining based tool?, is there any crieria or the paper is just for the software we want to sale?

thanks for reading my message

Best ragards,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: publication and a data mining based tool
Date: August 03, 2013 07:58PM

It is possible to write an article about a software and publish it in a research conference or journal.

To do that, it is best if the software has some innovative characteristics, i think. If it has some real applications it would also be better.

To choose a conference/journal to do that, I suggest to verify if other paper about software have been published in the conference/journal. Some of them will publish this kind of articles more often and in some other, they will rarely publish it.

For data mining, one journal that may publish this kind of articles could be "sigkdd explorations". There are certainly others. But I did not check about that recently.

Philippe

Posted by: Dvijesh88
Date: August 05, 2013 07:59AM

this is really interesting work.

Posted by: djanahana
Date: August 08, 2013 02:17AM

Hi sir;

Many thanks for your explanation

Best regards

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.