The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Phd topic social network analysis
Posted by: Ivanko
Date: August 31, 2013 10:29AM

I am just at the beginning of my PhD road so looking for a topic. Recently I have been reading a lot about data mining and figured out my interests are primarily focused on social network analysis/mining. All research papers I read about the SNA were mainly focused on the analyzing social networks of people obtained either online or offline (during social studies). What I was thinking about is to take SNA methods and apply them to the "non-traditional" area, but yet I don't have a good understanding of what could be done, so I am asking here for a hint. Regarding the possible problem, since I have a background in computer science, I believe the problem must be computer science related. I would appreciate your comments a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.