The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Help needed regarding example 19.
Posted by: Faizy
Date: September 10, 2013 08:37AM

Hello dear group members..

I have a query regarding Example 19 : Building, updating incrementally and using an Itemset-Tree to generate targeted frequent itemsets and association rules. i have an excel data sheet, having 2 columns "Name" and "Disease". Now i want to process this file to convert it into input file required by example 19. Any group member who have worked on example 19 please help me in code or guide me what logic i should make to convert this file into input file required by example 19. thanks waiting for your kind responses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help needed regarding example 19.
Date: September 10, 2013 09:08AM

Hi,

What programming language do you want to use?

Name is a string? Disease is a string?

What kind of results do you expect to get from this algorithm in example 19?

If you only have disease and name, the only associations that you will find in this data is associations between a name and a disease. I don't think that it is very interesting to find associations such as people who are named "john" are often associated with the disease "malaria" for example. Are you sure of what you want to do?

Best,

Philippe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 09:38AM by webmasterphilfv.

Need Input file sample of example 19 "Building, updating incrementally and using an Itemset-Tree to generate targeted frequent itemsets and association rules"
Posted by: Mehran Memon
Date: December 09, 2013 11:54PM

Need Input file sample of example 19 "Building, updating incrementally and using an Itemset-Tree to generate targeted frequent itemsets and association rules"

memon.mehran@gmail.com

Re: Help needed regarding example 19.
Posted by: Faizy
Date: September 11, 2013 06:56AM

Thanks for reply sir Philippe.. i am using java language and yes 'name' and 'disease' data are string.. i have a sheet with 12000 rows containing two columns names and disease of patients, i want to process this data and make this data in the form of itemset tree where each patient and disease have a code i.e any integer number which indicate the association between patients and disease, example 19 is accepting this kind of inoput.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.