The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Assocation Rule Mining on Encrypted database
Posted by: saravana
Date: September 18, 2013 09:52PM

Hello,
I am doing a pg project..in that i have to use association rule mining on encrypted database..without providing key..

actual project--"database owner will encrypt the database and outsource it to 3rd party service provider...3rd party will do assoc mining on encrypted datasets and return back the encrypted mined pattern...after that owner will decrypt it.."

here how can i use assoc rule mining on ecrypted database??can u please help me??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Assocation Rule Mining on Encrypted database
Date: September 19, 2013 08:06AM

A simple solution is to just replace the information in the database by some codes.

For example, if you have a transaction like this:

bread, butter, cereal.

You could transform it as

1 2 3

where 1 = bread 2= butter and 3= cereal

Then you would apply the association rule mining algorithm that would generate some rules like this:

1 ==> 2

Then when the result come back you would convert it back to strings:

bread ==> butter.

Philippe

Posted by: saravana sai
Date: September 20, 2013 07:30AM

Thank You sir..
it's a wonderful solution ...but the problem is i am doing this project as my degree project..where i have to use two modules..1.encryption/decryption 2.data mining .....in this case can u suggest me any idea..please....

Date: September 20, 2013 09:58AM

Converting from text to integer and vice-versa is a form of encryption/decryption since you replace the original data with some other data.

But I understand that you want to do something more complicated with perhaps a better encryption mechanism.

I don't have a lot of ideas about that. Did you check if someone else has done something similar before?

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.