The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

API Data Call-Ups
Posted by: VoOu
Date: September 24, 2016 02:41AM

Hey guys,

hope you all doing well! I am just writing a thesis about social media mining and i have to know which data are accessable using Rest API for example on Twitter.
Where can i get the Information? I just know the rate limits.
For example, if I search for tweets with the text "Data Mining Forum", how do i know how many percentage of all tweets world wide are searched for that particular text?

Thanks in advance!

VoOu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: API Data Call-Ups
Date: September 24, 2016 06:57AM

Not sure what is the percentage. But I knew some people working with twitter data a few years ago and they told me that it was about 1 out of 10 message that he could collect using the API. But, if it is for your thesis, you need a reliable source thatyou could cite to give some numbers. Perhaps starting from the Twitter website? Otherwise, it is perhaps a challenge of using Google to find the information but with patience, you may be able to find the information.

Best,

Re: API Data Call-Ups
Posted by: VoOu
Date: September 27, 2016 12:29AM

Thanks for this answer! I actually did already and couldnt find anything but havent put much effort in it yet. So i give it another try..

Thanks anyway!!

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.