The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Data mining in campaign analysis
Posted by: macabee
Date: May 13, 2014 08:55AM

Hi, I'm looking for a way to define an algorithm to predict marketing campaigns impacts, based on historic data.

I was thinking about time series models but don't know if they're the best approach

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Data mining in campaign analysis
Date: May 13, 2014 01:52PM

If we assume that the marketing campaign are always similar, then time series could be ok because it would only considers the number and ignore other aspects.

But marketing campaigns are probably different each time and the other aspects should perhaps be taken into account like the time of the year, and perhaps many others factors related to how the marketing is done or about the customers, the products (just for example).

An idea could be to try a neural network where the input is all the relevant factors and the output is some results (good sales, bad sales, etc.).

I cannot tell much more since I did not work on this problem and I did not read about this. But that is my quick opinion about this.

Posted by: macabee
Date: May 15, 2014 12:56PM

Great I'll try with neural network, thanks!

Posted by: brs
Date: June 29, 2014 09:20PM

i need data mining topics for dissertation

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.