The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

CM-SPAM ALgorithms, where can I get paper?
Posted by: lycaphe8x
Date: May 16, 2014 07:27PM

Hi, philfv

Where can I get more information about CM-SPAM.

The CM-SPAM algorithm is described in this article:

Fournier-Viger, P., Gomariz, A., Campos, M., Thomas, R. (2014). Fast Vertical Sequential Pattern Mining Using Co-occurrence Information. Proc. 18th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2014), 12 pages.

And I have one question? Can I implemented Parallel CM-SPAM Algorithm. Can you suggest me what more can I do and how can i improve the efficiency more?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CM-SPAM ALgorithms, where can I get paper?
Date: May 16, 2014 07:33PM

EDIT:

Here are the links:

Paper : article

Powerpoint: powerpoint

Yes it could be easily parallelized by using several threads because it is a depth-first search algorithm. In a depth-first search, each branch of the search space can be explored in parallel.

How to further improve it ? Good question. Some additional optimizations may certainly be done on the bit vector representation to compress the bit vectors if there are many zeros for example. Also other new strategies could be created to optimize it further. But it requires to think about it for a while to find some good optimizations. If there was something trivial to optimize, I would probably have already done it.

By the way, you may also look at the CM-SPADE algorithm which is usually faster than CM-SPAM.

Best,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2014 05:52PM by webmasterphilfv.

Re: CM-SPAM ALgorithms, where can I get paper?
Posted by: lycaphe8x
Date: May 16, 2014 07:45PM

Hi, philfv

Thank you for quick response.

I wll be try...

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.