The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

CFPGrowth test error
Posted by: leetcat
Date: July 25, 2014 01:46PM

This test did not work = MainTestAllAssociationRules_CFPGrowth*
Im working on am mac using java7
I downloaded the source code from the website. Added the src to eclipse. I took the test files out of the test directory and put them in the root directory. Then ran the tests. I got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: INVALID SUPPORT - THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE ALL ITEMSETS HAVE TO BE FREQUENT
	at ca.pfv.spmf.algorithms.associationrules.agrawal94_association_rules.AlgoAgrawalFaster94.calculateSupport(AlgoAgrawalFaster94.java:357)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.algorithms.associationrules.agrawal94_association_rules.AlgoAgrawalFaster94.runAlgorithm(AlgoAgrawalFaster94.java:188)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.algorithms.associationrules.agrawal94_association_rules.AlgoAgrawalFaster94.runAlgorithm(AlgoAgrawalFaster94.java:94)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.test.MainTestAllAssociationRules_CFPGrowth_saveToFile.main(MainTestAllAssociationRules_CFPGrowth_saveToFile.java:34)

Is there some thing that needs to be done in the compiler to make it not throw this error?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 01:48PM by leetcat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CFPGrowth test error
Date: July 25, 2014 02:05PM

I think that it is a problem related to the input file perhaps.

You would need to send me your input file and also tell me which parameter you used.

philippe.fv AT GMAIL.com

Then I will check what is the problem.

Thanks

Date: July 28, 2014 08:46AM

Phillippe,

Thanks for the fast response. The input file is default from the repository.

Date: August 02, 2014 06:02AM

Hi thanks for reporting the bug.

The solution is to replace the line:

throw new RuntimeException("INVALID SUPPORT - THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE ALL ITEMSETS HAVE TO BE FREQUENT"winking smiley;

with

return 0;

in the class : AlgoAgrawalFaster94.java located in the package:

ca.pfv.spmf.algorithms.associationrules.agrawal94_association_rules;

This bug was introduced recently when I have revised the code for association rule generation to improve its performance.

I will update the source code on the website with this fix.

If you want that I put your name on the contributor page of the webiste for reporting this bug, let me know your name and i will put it.

Thanks.

Philippe

Date: August 05, 2014 12:41PM

Philippe,

I would love if you could do that.
C. Albert Thompson is my name.

Date: August 05, 2014 01:44PM

Ok. I have done it. You can see it here:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/index.php?link=contributors.php

Thanks again!

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.