The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

data analysis
Posted by: a123
Date: September 04, 2014 09:32AM

I wanted to know if there is any software which can be used to collect data from facebook and analyse the same data..like if I want to retrieve a career based output from likes,posts and comments on a particular page on fb again

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: data analysis
Date: September 04, 2014 10:04AM

It is easier to collect data from Twitter than on Facebook. On twitter, there is a clear API that can be used to retrieved the profile of users, their messages and followers.

I have previously checked Google+ and Facebook and it is very hard to extract useful data. For example, on Google+ you cannot get the friendlist of someone using the provided API.

Posted by: pbe123
Date: September 05, 2014 08:55PM

But we were planning to create a group on facebook..as people are very active on facebook from our college..n according to the posts and likes in that group we were thinking of targeting their career related info based on their behavior..and the name of that API on twitter?
theres any algo available for the same?interpreting data retrieved from any social networking site specially facebook

Date: September 06, 2014 03:26AM

Ok. THen you may check the facebook API, perhaps that something can be done but in my opinion facebook api is limited.

The api for twitter is the official Twitter api: https://dev.twitter.com

Posted by: a123
Date: September 06, 2014 08:00AM

thanks smiling smiley

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.