The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

ROCK Clustering Algorithm
Posted by: ANN
Date: November 13, 2014 01:36AM

]Hi Philippe,

Sorry for bother you. I am just stuck on the goodness measure of rock algorithm formula, I do understand all the process but I could not understand what ni,nj means and what they are represent. I have attached the formula and hope you can help me understand what they are really means. I have read many articles yet they did not explains what they mean and how to get their value to calculate the goodness . so can you help please. Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ROCK Clustering Algorithm
Date: November 13, 2014 04:46AM

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this algorithm. To help you, I would need to also read the paper. Perhaps that someone else on this forum may help you. Otherwise, you may also contact the authors of that paper.

Best,

Posted by: arshboy
Date: November 21, 2014 10:20PM

Hie i also have the same problem..Can someone help me too?I already contact them via email but still waiting for their reply for more than 1 month.I really hope that someone could help me.Your help is much appreciated.

Posted by: ameame
Date: December 13, 2014 01:04AM

"As a result, it follows
that if two fairly large clusters with sizes
ni and nj are merged, the number of links between pairs
of points in the merged cluster is (ni+nj)1+2f()"

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~sudipto/mypapers/categorical.pdf - pg.11
So, these are the sizes of clusters which you merge and then measure the goodness of merging with this formula.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.