The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

SPMF update: Indirect association rule mining algorithm & bit vectors implementations of CHARM, AprioriTID and ECLAT
Date: October 22, 2011 07:01AM

Hello,

This is to let you know that I have updated the SPMF framework for data mining.

The new version includes an implementation of the algorithm for mining indirect association rules by Tan et al (2000) also described in the book by Tan, Steinbach and Kumar (2006). This algorithm allows to discover pairs of items that are indirectly associated together through another set of items called the "mediator".

For indirect association rules, many interestingness measures can be used. In my implementation, I have decided to use the confidence.

Note that there is some faster algorithm for mining indirect association rules that have been proposed. But I choose the one of Tan & al because it is simple.

Also, I have recently added new faster implementations of CHARM, ECLAT and APRIORI-TID using bit vectors!

Philippe

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.