The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

How to get the execution Time of the Apriori Algorithm
Posted by: Shalom
Date: September 09, 2015 11:22AM

Hi,

I am new to weka. using weka 3.6 version I applied Apriori algorithm on sample dataset, want to know the time taken( Execution Time) by Apriori algorithm to generate the rules. can any one help me to get the running time .

Thank you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2015 06:38PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Execution Time for Apriori Algorithm
Date: September 09, 2015 12:14PM

Not sure how it can be done in Weka. But the implementation in Weka are generally very slow. I had previously compared the execution time of FPGrowth in Weka with FPGrowth in SPMF, and the implementation in SPMF is much faster. To do that comparison, I had to modify the source code of Weka to show the execution time of FPGrowth. It might be the only way to show it.

How to get the execution Time of the Apriori Algorithm
Posted by: Gaurav Ameta
Date: December 29, 2015 12:38AM

How to get the execution Time of the Apriori Algorithm.Is there any tool which can help me to analyze. If it is possible in Weka how can we do it?

Re: How to get the execution Time of the Apriori Algorithm
Date: December 29, 2015 03:38AM

In SPMF, you can easily get the execution time and memory usage of Apriori. It is directly shown. In Weka, I don't think that it is simple to get it. But I did not use weka since a long time so it may have changed.

Re: How to get the execution Time of the Apriori Algorithm
Posted by: Rusiri
Date: August 20, 2021 05:26AM

I think it can be found in the log.(But no much precise)
click on the 'log' button in the same window you executed Apriori

This is how the execution results were in log :

18:33:53: Started weka.associations.Apriori
18:33:53: Command: weka.associations.Apriori -N 200 -T 0 -C 0.9 -D 0.05 -U 1.0 -M 0.5 -S -1.0 -c -1
18:33:54: Finished weka.associations.Apriori

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.