The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

SPMF update: new algorithm for hiding association rules (FHSAR)
Date: October 29, 2011 04:21AM

Hello,

This is to let you know that I have updated the SPMF framework to add an association rule hiding algorithm named FHSAR.

The goal of this algorithm is to hide some sensitive association rules that appear in a database.

For example, consider that the rule 5 -->2 appears in a database with minsup = 50% and minconf = 50%.

We can apply the FHSAR algorithm. It takes as input (1) a database, (2) the sensitive association rules that we want to hide (e.g. 5 --> 2), (3) minsup and minconf and (4) the file path to save the transformed database.

The FHSAR algorithm proceeds by recursively removing items from transactions until all sensitive association rules cannot be found with the minsup and minconf thresholds.

It then outputs the transformed database to a file.

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 06:07AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPMF update: new algorithm for hiding association rules (FHSAR)
Posted by: Dieu Hoang
Date: July 09, 2018 06:36PM

Hello!
Now, I'm using your FHSAR algorithm code to demo my project and I'm wondering about a problem that is in the paper of Weng, C. C., Chen, S. T., & Lo, H. C. (2008, November) 'A Novel Algorithm for Completely Hiding Sensitive Association Rules', algorithm has checking step 'Checking_and_Removing Item()' to avoided hidden failure. But I don't find it in your code. Can you help me explain it? And if so I really want you to help me code this part.
Thank you very much!

Date: July 09, 2018 10:15PM

Hi,
Thanks for using SPMF!

I checked the paper just now, and I think that is not explained clearly what Checking_and_removing_item() is supposed to do. Thus, it would be hard to implement this function. If you want to implement it, I think that you should contact the authors of the paper to ask more details about what this function is supposed to do. But with the current paper, I think we don't have enough details to implement it.

Best regards,

Date: July 09, 2018 11:33PM

Thank you!

Date: November 30, 2018 07:21AM

Dear Professor,
I have some problems with the FHSAR algorithm code on SPMF that the professors interested in and tested for help me. I wanted to send the code through the professor's mail but I could not find the exact email address of the professor. Looking forward to your email address.
Thank you very much!
p / s: I hope you do not mind my English is not good to express all the ideas I want to say.

Date: November 30, 2018 06:34PM

Hi, my e-mail is philfv8 AT yahoo.com. If you have a question about how to use SPMF or how the code of SPMF works, you can ask me. But I cannot do the programming for your or help you to debug your code. If you send me a lot of code, I probably don't have time to read it. But if you ask me a specific question about how to use SPMF, I can give you some advice.

Best regards,

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.