The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

SPMF data mining software : 15,000 page views already
Date: January 06, 2012 02:10PM

Hello,

Today, the visitor counter of my open-source data mining software SPMF shows a total of more than 15,000 pages views since two years!

The number of page views has increased very quickly since four or five months, and it is thanks to all the users who have downloaded the software, sent me e-mails about bugs, questions, and talked about the software to friends and colleagues, and cited it in their thesis and articles. So I would like to say thank you to all of you :-)

The next release will probably be in about one month. You can expect the following features:
  • two new algorithms for sequential rule mining (completed, but not released yet)
  • a graphical interface for the main algorithms. This will allow people who are not familiar with Java to run the algorithms by just double-clicking on a jar file without having to install Eclipse or another IDE. The graphical interface will be simple and initially will just include about half of the algorithms from SPMF (the main algorithms). If you have some suggestions about some features that you would like to have, let me know. (currently working on it)
  • an implementation of the kd-tree data structure (completed, but not released yet)
  • an implementation of the k-nearest neighboor clustering algorithm ( half completed)

Happy new year!

Philippe

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 02:27PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPMF data mining software : 15,000 page views already
Posted by: Dvijesh88
Date: January 09, 2012 07:19AM

Happy new year

This will be the great move that including the GUI.
and thanks for all work you did so far.
it is the best open source software for the data mining

Date: January 09, 2012 07:46AM

Thanks Dvijesh. :-)

Here is what the GUI currently looks like:

It is very simple. On the top there is a list to select an algorithm (e.g. FPGrowth). After that, the user has to choose the input file and the output file. Then, depending on the algorithm, the user has to fill some parameters (e.g. minsup and minconf). After that, the user click "Run algorithm" to run the algorithm. Lastly, there is a text area at the bottom of the window to show the algorithm running time and other statistics.

This graphical interface is done. But I need to do some programming to connect it with the algorithms. Also, I will need to update the webpage to create some documentation for users who want to use the graphical interface.

If you have suggestions about the graphical interface let me know.

By the way, how is your work going?

Philippe

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 07:50AM by webmasterphilfv.

Date: January 11, 2012 02:20AM

GUI is looking good... simple and best...

one more thing i want to see that how information(result) display in that textbox which is given below.
also want to see that it will give same output as we see in the SPMF?

my work is going well. i am also busy now days becz have to make my interim report of 3rd sem as well as have exam. thanks alots for you help

tgc

Date: January 11, 2012 09:57AM

Happy to know that your project is going well.

Thanks for the comments.

My current plan is to show only the statistics about the algorithm in the textbox (running time, number of patterns found, number of candidates generated, memory used, ...) and to save the list of patterns found to the output file (to avoid keeping the patterns into memory).

But if you would like to see the list of patterns in the textbox after the algorithm has terminated, I think that a solution would be that I write some code that would open the file automatically after it has been generated. Or I could add a checkbox that allow you to select if you want to automatically open the file or not.

Date: January 12, 2012 06:31PM

yes check box will be he great option. but as well as also keep the output in separate file. becz lots of time facing the memory problem.

it will be the great things.

Posted by: noura kali
Date: February 05, 2012 01:30PM

Good morning sir

we want to thank you so much for this efforts

i had already Cite you website in commentcamarche.com and i will (GOD WILLING )cite it again and again and this is the last thing we can do to thank you

Best regards

Date: February 06, 2012 05:58AM

Hello Noura,

Thanks a lot :-) I'm happy that the software is useful and thanks for citing! :-)

Hope that everything is going well for you.

Me, I'm a little bit busy because I'm teaching two courses this semester.But everything is going well.

Best,

Philippe

Posted by: noura kali
Date: February 09, 2012 01:22PM

Good morning Sir

my project is going well thanks for asking,but the problem is that i start working in the university this month wich make me very busy .

your software Sir was very useful for me in my project especially (algorithm:CLOSE ,CHARM)thumbs up

i will cite your software in my "memoire de magister ainsi que dans une de mes publications" sorry for using french ,i am trying to imporove my skills in english as soon as possible smiling smiley

thank you once again

Best regards

Noura KALI

Date: February 12, 2012 05:09PM

Allô Noura,

Merci pour les citations. smiling smiley C'est très appréciés.

Je ne savais pas que tu parlais français. Je pense qu'on a toujours communiqué en anglais. En fait, je suis un francophone du Québec, mais je distribue mon logiciel en anglais pour qu'il soit accessible au plus de gens possible.

Je te souhaite de bien réussir dans ton emploi et que tes projets soit menés à bon terme.

Bonne journée!

Philippe

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.