The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Most popular programming langages
Date: March 28, 2012 05:55PM

An interesting article about the most popular programming langages right now (2012):

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Here is the top 10:
1- Java
2- C
3- C#
4- C++
5- Objective C
6- PHP
7- VB
8- Javascript
9- Python
10- Perl

It is not directly related to data mining. But I thought that it is an interesting article to share!

Philippe

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 05:56AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Most popular programming langages
Posted by: Baxter
Date: March 31, 2012 03:34AM

I'm surprised that Java is more popular than C and C++.

Because of Android?

Posted by: Dvijesh88
Date: March 31, 2012 04:54AM

I just show the list. it is interesting but i am surprise by 2 things

1) Logo language got higher rank than the MATLAB and Assembly. are logo still in used? because i remember when we are at school(around 2001) we learn the LOGO. than after it is disappear. and i think for the Image processing most of people use the MATLAB. Am i right?

2) R language. As fas as i know this language is use for the data mining. i dont know much about this. can any one say how language is use in data mining? and its ranking even better than i thought.

Date: April 02, 2012 06:41AM

Hi Dvijesh,

You made some good observations!

I agree about Logo. I also thought that this language was dead. I did high school in the 1990s and I also thought that it had disappeared at that time . It is probably still used in some schools, I guess...

Yes. R seems very popular. It is popular in data mining. I'm not familiar with R. But I think that it is useful for people interested in statistics. It can produce some very nice charts and graphs and it is free. http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/screenshots.html But, I think that it is more useful for analyzing data (calculating the mean and stuff like that) instead of doing frequent pattern mining, for example. There is some books on data mining with R on internet.

Best,

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 06:42AM by webmasterphilfv.

Posted by: Dvijesh88
Date: April 04, 2012 08:40AM

yes i also not familiar with the R. but i heard about it when i was searching for the good programing language for the data mining.

and i think that for the data mining java or c# can be better option. becz both the language have good collection framework which is good for the data mining.

i was enjoying the LOGO but it is really boring language. but looks good when i wanted to draw boat with the commond. it is good language at school level. knowledge with funsmiling smiley

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.