The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Find periodic patterns repecting the order of items
Posted by: akamba
Date: November 14, 2017 05:22AM

Hi philippe and all,
Your PFPM algorithm is very interesting. However, if i want to conserve order of items which part of your code can i modify ? Let me give more explanations. If the current itemset is {a,b}, algorithm will found it in the itemSet {a,b,c} and also in itemset {a,c,b}. I want PFPM just found {a,b} in {a,b,c} and not in {a,c,b} because in this itemset order of {a,b} is not respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 05:56AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Find patter repecting order of them
Date: November 14, 2017 06:38AM

Hello,

In general, in itemset mining, there is no order between the items in an itemset. Thus, {a,b,c} and {a,c,b} are the same itemset.

The PFPM algorithm is thus designed with that assumption that there is no order in an itemset.

You could change that. But that would require some programming. If you want to do that, you should read the code or make sure that you understand the algorithm well first and then find the way to modify it. Personally, I did not think about it. But I think you can certainly do it.

Best regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.