The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Current trends in pattern mining? + UNIVERSITIES
Posted by: Fahid
Date: January 23, 2018 07:52AM

I see that many of you are working on pattern mining research problems. Itemset and rule mining is a bit old but I like this area of research. Can anyone tell me what are the current trends of research in that area? I like to find a good topic maybe for registering for the phd.

Also, does someone can recommend top university to do the data mining research in Europe or Asia?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Current trends in pattern mining? + UNIVERSITIES
Date: January 28, 2018 01:05AM

Yes, this field is a little old. But there are a lot of open problems that have not been solved yet. You can send me an e-mail and we can discuss that (philfv8 AT yahoo DOT com).

For universities, I think you should rather look for professors working in that field and then contact the professors to ask if they have positions for master, phd or else.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.