The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Measure of rule interestingness
Posted by: Munira
Date: March 12, 2018 02:06AM

Hello Philippe,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing the implementations of the algorithms!

My question is the following:

Is there somewhere in the library implementations with rule interestingness measures (e.g., lift)? (I would be interested in sequential rules).

Thank you in advance,
Munira

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Measure of rule interestingness
Date: March 12, 2018 08:04AM

Hi Munira,

Thanks. I am happy that the library is useful. The goal of this library is to help other researchers by sharing implementations ;-)

Most algorithms for sequential rule mining in the library use the support and confidence measure to evaluate the interestingness of rules.

However, the CMDEO algorithm will indicate not only the support and confidence but also the lift of rules in the output file.

Note that you could also modify other algorithms to calculate the lift or other measures. I think this would not be so difficult.

Best,

Philippe

Posted by: Munira
Date: March 14, 2018 03:58AM

Thank you very much for your reply, Philippe!

Indeed, CMDeo contains lift calculations. Somehow I've missed that.

And, yes, I will try to implement other measures myself.

Wish you great inspiration for your library! This is really a wonderful resource for learning.

Munira

Date: March 14, 2018 07:43AM

Great. If you want to share back some code to SPMF after you add some other measures, it could be great if the code is well implemented!

Best regards,

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.