The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

What academic conference will you be attending this summer?
Date: April 21, 2018 10:35PM

Hello all,

Just to start some discussion, what academic conferences are you planning to attend this summer?

Personally, one of my collaborators has submitted a paper to a PAKDD 2018 workshop, and we also have some papers submitted to DEXA, DAWAK, and a paper accepted at IEA AIE 2018. Besides, we have a workshop at KDD 2018 (looking for papers by the way). I may not attend all these conferences, but maybe some of them.

Best,

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2018 10:35PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What academic conference will you be attending this summer?
Posted by: Dang Nguyen
Date: April 22, 2018 03:15PM

Hi Philippe,

I will attend SDM and PAKDD this year. Hope to see you at PAKDD.

Best,
Dang

Date: April 23, 2018 07:45AM

Hi Dang,

That is great. I think SDM should be great. I have never attended it but it is a top conference. For PAKDD, I finally got a workshop paper accepted, so tonight I have applied for the Australian visa and will book an airplane ticket soon! :-) It will be great to see you there! My current plan is to go there for a very short trip, perhaps arriving on the 2nd June and Leaving just after the conference. We can have some time to discuss there :-)

Best,

Philippe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2018 07:54AM by webmasterphilfv.

Posted by: Dang Nguyen
Date: April 23, 2018 04:48PM

A great news! We will catch-up in Melbourne and have a city tour if you like smiling smiley

This year, one of keynote speakers is Bing Liu, a big name in Data mining community. So exciting to attend his talk.

Will see you there.

Date: April 23, 2018 07:03PM

Yes, sure, we could do that. I should make a short trip (perhaps arriving one day before and leaving one day after the conference. But I should take at least one day to visit the city.

Interesting about Bing Liu. I have never met him or attended his talk. Should be good. :-)

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.