The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Genetic algorithm for deep learning initialization
Posted by: Heiki
Date: May 02, 2018 09:24AM

I am trying to apply a convolutional deep Learning neural network to traffic jam data. I heard from different Web pages that neural networks weights and hyperparameters can be initialized with genetic algorithms. Can someone provide me with the tutorial or example on this topic, or code?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Genetic algorithm for deep learning initialization
Date: May 07, 2018 09:23AM

I am not much familiar with deep learning. I know about neural works but did not study much the novelty in the deep neural networks. But for neural networks in general, yes, you can use genetic or evolutionary algorithms to evolved some neural networks, so think it is certainly doable for deep learning. Someone has actually certainly tried this already so perhaps that you should do some search to find related papers first.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.