The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Closed sequential patterns with user-defined gap
Posted by: Sandra Castellanos
Date: June 05, 2018 03:19PM

Hello,

I would like to know if an algorithm that finds the closed sequential patterns with gap constrains (or with no gap allowed at all) is available. Something like VMSP does for maximal sequencial patterns.

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Regards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Closed sequential patterns with user-defined gap
Date: June 05, 2018 04:37PM

Hello,

Yes, there exists a few algorithms for mining closed sequential patterns with gap constraints. In SPMF, you would need to use the Fournier08-closed+time algorithm to get that. That algorithms actually is designed to work with timestamps but if you set all the timestamps to 0, it should do what you want.

This is the example from the documentation:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/ClosedSequentialPatterns_TimeConstraints.php

However, this algorithm is based on BIDE. It is possible that in some cases it misses some patterns if you have multiple items per itemesets, as there was bug in the BIDE implementation.

Best,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 04:41PM by webmasterphilfv.

Posted by: Sandra Castellanos
Date: June 06, 2018 02:28PM

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Fournier08-Closed+time works well for my purposes since I never have multiple items per itemsets. I had to use consecutive numbers as timestamps to manage the gaps and off course set the max time interval to 1.

Regards,

Date: June 07, 2018 05:47PM

Dear Sandra,

Very happy to hear that it works well. :-)

Best regards,

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.