The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Sequential Rule with Time Constraint
Posted by: Jishnu
Date: June 27, 2018 09:05AM

Hi:

I am looking for a solution of Sequentail Rule Mining with Time Constraint in telecom network. I want to predict a rule like this -" if < a,b,c d> then <g> will occur within T hours with probability of 0.7".

I think - Mining Closed Sequential Patterns with Time Constraints from a Time-Extended Sequence Database" would a good starting point. The question is how to generate confidence based rules from the time extended pattern.

Any help and siggestions would be most welcome.
thnx
Jishnu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 01:17AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sequentail Rule with Time Constraint
Date: July 04, 2018 09:50AM

Hi,

If you want to use sequential patterns to generate rules, then you could check the RuleGen algorithm from SPMF which allows to do that. But it would need to be modified because this algorithms does not consider timestamps. I mean you could maybe draw inspiration from that...

Another algorithm in SPMF that find rules and with a windows constraint is TRuleGrowth. But it does not consider the timestamps. But maybe you can modify it for something like that.

I think that in your case you maybe need to design a custom algorithm.

Regards

Re: Sequentail Rule with Time Constraint
Posted by: Jishnu
Date: July 06, 2018 02:51AM

Many thanks it was useful.
Jishnu

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.