The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Using itemset mining in text mining
Posted by: Myral
Date: October 17, 2018 07:04AM

I have another question. I want to use the itemset mining with text mining to improve research in some direction. I would like to get some idea about how to do this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using itemset mining in text mining
Date: October 17, 2018 09:40PM

Welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of ways that pattern mining or itemset mining can be used to analyze text.

For example, itemset mining has been used in information retrieval to search for documents. In that case, we can extract itemsets representing frequent words common to a group of similar documents.

We can also use pattern mining to discover hidden features in text such as the writing style of the author. This can then be used to discover who is the author of an anonymous text (a problem called authorship attribution). I have done some work in that direction by using frequent sequential pattern mining. If you are interested you can send me an email at philfv8 AT yahoo.com

I think there are many other possibilities. Itemsets could also be used as features to build a classifier for classifying texts into categories such as news, sport, entertainment.

I think you can find a lot of applications.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.