The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

How to improve the Spade algorithm for mapreduce
Posted by: Gastel
Date: October 23, 2018 07:26AM

I want design a parallel version of SPADE algorithm for my data. My cloud is not big but I want to use Hadoop or Spark. Please give me advices.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to improve the Spade algorithm for mapreduce
Date: October 26, 2018 06:15AM

Hi, Welcome to the forum

There are different ways for improving SPADE. But since you want to work with map reduce, you could consider a few ideas:
- improve load balancing between cluster nodes
- improve the algorithm or structures
- improve SPADE with new features that are not trivial.

But in any case, there are already quite a few algorithms for mining itemsets in the cloud. You could check them and compare with them.

Regards,

Posted by: Rashid
Date: November 07, 2018 05:01PM

Can I also use map reduce for graph mining?

Date: November 08, 2018 06:41AM

Yes, most likely. The challenge is to develop a parallel version of an algorithm and adapt it for the MapReduce or other big data framework like Spark. You could start from a non parallel algorithm and try to transform it in a parallel algorithm. But not algorithm are easy to transform in a parallel algorithm. Or you could design something new. But there are already some algorithms for big data. So instead of reinventing the wheel you should first check the existing big data algorithms for graph mining.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.