The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Input suitable .txt file to SPMF
Posted by: Al Mahdi Bakkali
Date: November 16, 2018 02:36AM

Hello everyone,

So, I'm trying to run some algorithms in SPMF (Apriori, and AprioriInverse specifically).

My dataset is a .csv or .xlsx file, that I can convert to different formats thanks to MSExcel. I have tried to export the file to a .txt (both space and tab delimited) and then input it to SPMF, but neither seem to work properly.

As I looked through the net, I believe I need a SPMF text format.

How can I get this from my .csv file?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Input suitable .txt file to SPMF
Posted by: Al Mahdi Bakkali
Date: November 16, 2018 02:38AM

I would also like to get my headers included, so I can get 'explicit' association rules.

Date: November 16, 2018 03:41AM

I am not sure what you mean by "headers included". But you can check the documentation of SPMF. All the features of SPMF are described there. If it is no there, then it is not implemented.

Date: November 16, 2018 03:39AM

Hi,

Yes, the format used by SPMF is explained in the documentation of SPMF for each algorithm offered in SPMF. You can go to "Documentation" on the website, click on an algorithm, and then you will see how to run the algorithm and the input format.

Because there exists so many formats out there, I could unfortunately not support all of them. The most simple is to write a short program to convert your data to the correct format and then apply SPMF. You can convert your data using any languages you like.

Best regards,

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.