The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

What is difference among sequential, dynamic and stream in frequent pattern mining
Posted by: maya
Date: March 14, 2019 02:05AM

Hello,

Would you please tell me the difference among sequential, dynamic and stream in frequent pattern mining?

Best,
Maya

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is difference among sequential, dynamic and stream in frequent pattern mining
Date: March 19, 2019 06:44AM

Hi,

> Would you please tell me the difference among sequential, dynamic and stream in frequent pattern mining?

Stream data mining is about an infinite stream of data that is always arriving and never stop. In stream data mining, an algorithm need to process the data as it arrives because it is infinite, and generally the same data cannot be read more than once due to the limited amount of memory of a computer for keeping data from an infinite stream of data...

Dynamic pattern mining may refer to different things. Perhaps that you are talking about incremental pattern mining? It means to update the set of patterns found in a database when new transactions are inserted.

Sequential pattern mining consists of finding subsequences appearing in a set of sequences. It is a problem that is more general than itemset mining. For more details, you can read my survey "A survey of sequential pattern mining"

Re: What is difference among sequential, dynamic and stream in frequent pattern mining
Posted by: maya
Date: March 21, 2019 04:22AM

hi,
thanks a lot for your reply.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.