The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Missing code in Prepost algorithm
Posted by: Najat
Date: July 30, 2019 02:10AM

Dear Sir,
Thanks so much to SMPF team for your unlimited help.
I am just reading about Prepost algorithm and start to see its code.
It states that generating the 2-candidate itemsets is an expensive step.
To overcome this issue, the procedure for generated 2-itemsets is presented.

When I look for the code I could not find this procedure which called mining frequent 2-itemsets in the paper.

Could you please let me know where it is located in the code or maybe it should be added in case it missed.

Best regards,
Najat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing code in Prepost algorithm
Date: July 31, 2019 05:08AM

Hi,

Thanks for using SPMF. The Java version of PrePost is a conversion of the original C code, which was provided by Prof. Zhihong Deng. If that feature was in the C version, then it should also be in the Java version. But if it was not in the C version, then it is not in the Java version.

Since I did not implement that code, I am not familiar with it. You may contact Prof. Zhihong Deng if you have any question about the algorithm itself or about how it is implemented.

Best regards,

Philippe

Re: Missing code in Prepost algorithm
Posted by: najat
Date: August 01, 2019 01:37AM

Hey Sir,

Thanks for your explanation,

Yes, I will contact him since this procedure is the important one of this method.

Best
Najat

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.