The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Implemented algorithm for timestamped web logs?
Posted by: Jamalidal75
Date: February 03, 2020 07:42AM

Hi everyone,

I need to know if I can use an algorithm that can be used for timestamped data.

I have web logs in the format :

time; ip source; ip destination; protocol; source port; source destination; label

Actually, I want to detect if there is a DDoS attack or not. I've been able to use my data in a sequential way, but I really want to extract the most frequent TIMESTAMPED chronicles (not sequenced).

For example, I want the result to show me that this event happened between 1.3 and 2.6 seconds after this event, and is the most frequent in the database. The labels are here to say if a log is an attack or not (based on the short time interval between 2 logs coming from the same IP).

I would really appreciate your help !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Implemented algorithm for timestamped web logs?
Date: February 07, 2020 08:55PM

Hi,

That is an interesting problem. In SPMF, there are some algorithms that deals with timestamps like Hirate and Yamana but it is very strict with how it handles the timestamp and it is likely not what you want.

I will soon release a new version of SPMF with episode mining algorithms (in perhaps 1 week) that can deal with timestamps. Maybe it could be used.

Otherwise, in SPMF, there are a few other algorithms maybe but not many for timestamps.

Maybe there are some more appropriate algorithms in the literature.

Best regards,

Date: April 22, 2020 04:48AM

You may check here what I've used, it could be great if you manage to make it in SPMF ^^ : https://sites.google.com/view/frequent-chronicle-mining/accueil

Date: April 22, 2020 06:56AM

Very interesting. Are you the author of that code?

Maybe we could integrate it in SPMF. If you are the author, I would like to ask you some question about it ;-)

Date: April 22, 2020 05:28PM

Actually, I am not the author of this, just a user (for a school project).

I'll let you contact the author of the CPM algorithm (Chronicle Pattern Mining) here : ahmed.samet@insa-strasbourg.fr, http://ahmed.samet.free.fr/
And Chayma Sellami.

Also, a knowledgable user of CMPM is a PHD Student (Cao Qiushi, the author, but h
With quite knowlewge woth chronical mining issues) : caoqsh1992@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2020 05:10AM by Jamalidal75.

Date: April 28, 2020 09:18AM

I see. Thanks!

Maybe I will contact with them later. Recently, I have been so busy. But it is a great suggestion. I will keep in mind and when I find some free time maybe I will do that.

Best regards,

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.