The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

TKE(Max. Time Duration)
Posted by: Irfan
Date: March 19, 2020 12:20AM

Greetings,

I practice with TKE for episode mining, There is a parameter Max. Time duration which makes the number of sequences of the episode to be generated not greater than the value entered ( eg if 2 entered, it means the episode of 1 sequence, and 2 only will be generated).

Kindly need for the feature to work with my dataset "Minimum Time duration" (we can make it as an option with above "Max. Time duration" ) which will restrict the number of sequences in a generated episodes to be greater than the value entered only.

Any help/suggestions from the above request

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TKE(Max. Time Duration)
Date: March 19, 2020 02:39AM

Dear Irfan,

Ok, thanks for your comment and also for the other one about RPGrowth (I have read it but did not answer you yet).

I will have a look at how to add this parameter to TKE. I think it should also be easy to do. I will try to do it today or tommorow, and then inform you about it. I think it is a good idea to have a minimum duration.

If you have some other suggestions for features, it is always welcome. Especially when the features are not hard to implement like this, I can do it quickly. But if it would be some more complicated features, maybe I cannot do it.

For RPGrowth, I will maybe rename the parameter minraresupport, but the original code was not by me. Thus before modifying the parameter name, I will check with those who implemented the code.

Best,

Philippe

Date: March 19, 2020 05:13PM

Dear prof,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Date: March 20, 2020 09:00AM

Dear Irfan,

I have checked the code of TKE for adding the minimum duration to episode mining. I spent 2-3 hours yesterday and today to try to implement but it is not as easy as I thought. It would require to change how the time intervals are calculated and a bit how the algorithm works, and there is some risk that it cause some other bug or problem, that may make the result wrong. Because it looks complicated to do, I have to postpone this feature for now. But I like the idea. So maybe I would do it later... but it would require to really think about it... it is not trivial to do.

Best regards,

Philippe

Date: March 20, 2020 04:40PM

Dear prof,

Thank you for your time and feedback about the requested feature.

Maybe I have to wait for this. Do you have any plan for how long or when should I

expect to be included?

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Date: March 25, 2020 06:01PM

Hi Irfan,

I am not sure for now. At first, I wanted to implement that feature because I thought it was easy but after spending a few hours I realized that it would require changing a good part of how the algorithm is working because of some assumptions made by the algorithm. So it is actually much more work and it is not trivial to do I think.

Currently, I am very busy with some urgent projects and also we have the corona virus problem in China. Since implementing this feature may require a few days, I am not sure if I could do it in the coming weeks. And as I said, I am not sure that this feature will be easy to do. If it is too complicated i may not do it or postpone to later. We will see.

Best regards,

Philippe

Date: March 25, 2020 06:40PM

Thank you for feedback Professor,

If there will be any other update on that I will inform you.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.