The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

NEED YOUR COMMENTS on new SPMF website design hot smiley
Date: April 03, 2020 09:49PM

Hi all!

I am now working on making a new version of the SPMF website that will be in HTML5 and use a responsive design. I have started to adapt the content of the website. If you want to see how the design may look like, you can click here:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/v2/index.php

I would like to have your comments on this new website version. If you think something should be changed or is not working well, please let me know, it will be useful and I will try to fix it.

But, notice that all the links are not working. I am just working on the design at this moment. I will fix the broken links later if I keep this design.

In particular, what about the loading speed? The main problem that I have is that the website appears to be slow with this design... Do you have the same problem?

Also, if any of you has experience with HTML5 and CSS, maybe you can help me a bit! I have used a template but if someone has experience about tweaking such template, it could save me a lot of time.

Thanks!

Philippe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2020 10:13PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NEED YOUR COMMENTS on new SPMF website design hot smiley
Posted by: tassieTom
Date: April 04, 2020 03:49PM

Hi Philippe,

I tested your new web site and it loads fine on my end...very quick. It has a simple, more modern look. Fonts etc are all good and present well over various computers.

Regards,
Tom Berger

Date: April 04, 2020 03:57PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for testing and for your feedback. It is well-appreciated!

Then, I will probably replace the old website with the new version soon. My goal is to transform the website to make it HTML5 and responsive design compliant because search engines like Google now care about this. Also, the previous version of the website looks very old-fashioned. ;-)

Thanks !

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2020 03:58PM by webmasterphilfv.

Date: April 05, 2020 05:53AM

The new version of the website is now online!!!

Posted by: maya
Date: April 06, 2020 02:43AM

Hi Dr.Philippe,

I checked your new web site. it loads quickly, and it looks simple, tidy and beatifull.

Best Regards,
Maya

Date: April 08, 2020 05:13PM

Thanks Maya for testing it. Glad you like it.

Best regards,

Philippe

Posted by: xiaowei
Date: April 07, 2020 02:15AM

Hi Professor Philippe,

I have tested the new website, and it works very well.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Xiaowei

Date: April 08, 2020 05:12PM

Hi Xiaowei,

Thanks a lot for testing it. Happy that it works! I was mostly afraid that it would be too slow.

Best regards,

Philippe

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.