The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

sequential pattern mining
Posted by: yamen
Date: June 22, 2020 12:07PM

hello i have a dataset of an expert user's clicks from jira website and i want to pass this dataset to an algorthim to extract sequence.
this sequence may will be usefull or not.
an example for user clicks:
projects createproject selectnext-gen create createissue manageissue types savechanges backtoproject projects yourwork viewallproject gradProject gotobacklog startsprint start
would sequential pattern mining be usefull in my case! and if so, i need a suggestion for an algorthim to use.
thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sequential pattern mining
Date: June 23, 2020 07:51AM

Good evening,

Ok, I dont know JIRA so maybe you can tell me more about this.

Your data contains only one sequence ? (for one user?)

What is your goal? What do you want to do using the sequential patterns?

Depending if you have a single sequence or many sequences, then maybe you could use some different algorithms.

Best regards,

Date: June 23, 2020 10:47AM

good evening.
Jira website is used for issue tracking and project management.
ofcourse not, i have big data but this is an example of how i stored the data.
my goal is build a recommendation system that teach novice user's how to use jira website by tracking expert user's clicks.

now i want to pass this data to sequential pattern algorthim to extract sequence from dataset.
example: some expert user's create new project at jira, i track this clicks and save it, now if i pass this dataset for sequential pattern algorthim the output may will tell me how to create project at jira website.

Date: June 24, 2020 09:27AM

Hi,

I see.

Then, I think it can be appropriate for sequential pattern mining. In sequential pattern mining the input is a sequence database (a set of sequences) and the goal is to find subsequences that appear frequently in these sequences.

In your case, the sequence database could contain a set of sequences of clicks performed by different experts. Then by applying a sequential pattern mining algorithm, you would find some sequences of clicks that are common to several experts. For this you could use a sequential pattern mining algorithm like CM-SPAM for example. It will also let you specify some constraints such as the max gap constraints (the gap that will be allowed between clicks - do you want for example to find only consecutive clicks or to also skip some clicks?).

If you have a single expert rather than many experts, then you could check episode mining algorithm. Here rather than finding patterns that are common to multiple sequences, the input is a single very long sequence of clicks and you would try to find some subsequence of clicks that appear many times in that long sequences. There are a few algorithms for this in SPMF like TKE, EMMA, etc.

Hope this helps.

Philippe

Date: June 26, 2020 09:37AM

thanx alot Philippe <3.
i have tried the CM-SPAM algorthim on sample of my dataset and the output file gave me an empty output, then i try sequential pattern mining algorthim called FAST but the output here is alphabetically order, is there a way to cancel the alphabetiaclly order ?

Date: June 27, 2020 05:17AM

Hi,

Maybe you have not followed the correct input format. Please see the documentation. It is important to use the -1 and -2 in the input file. If there is no -1 and if there is other problems in the input file, then it is possible that you get strange results.

Also, it is possible that you get no result because the minsup threshold is too high. Then you should decrease it.

Best regards,

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.