The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Installation of python wrapper for SPMF
Posted by: Evelyn Edomenko
Date: July 01, 2020 12:48AM

First of all, I am very thankful for this library existing and also is available for python.

I am trying to install the python wrapper for the java implementation I found here:
https://pypi.org/project/spmf/

I was reading through an example to use a json array as an input as I would have to make transformation otherwise. My code looks like this now:

with open("test.json"winking smiley as BOB:
    chains=json.load(BOcool smiley

spmf = Spmf("AprioriInverse", input_direct=chains,
             output_filename="output.txt",
             arguments=[0.1, 0.6]) 

exit()

The main problem is that I am not able to make it work so that the python is picking up or finding the spmf.jar that I downloaded to the spmf to the python lib directory. It is still throwing an error that it cannot find the .jar file.

The error looks like this:

File "test.py", line 34, in <module>
    arguments=[0.1, 0.6]) 
  File "/home/evelyn/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/spmf/__init__.py", line 36, in __init__
    " use the spmf_bin_location_dir argument."winking smiley
FileNotFoundError: spmf.jar not found. Please use the spmf_bin_location_dir argument.

I put the .jar into this directory:
/home/evelyn/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/spmf

Is this not the right place to put it? Or is the wrapper outdated? Or do I have to give the Spmf object the directory as an argument?
I also tried to run the code with the directory argument spmf_bin_location_dir like this:

python3 test.py /home/evelyn/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/spmf/

But this didn't work either.

I am stuck with this and I would be very thankful if there might be some help on this.

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 04:48AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installation of python wrapper for SPMF
Posted by: Evelyn Edomenko
Date: July 01, 2020 01:09AM

I have found the solution to this and will therefore answer to this myself after going through the __init__.py file.

The Spmf object needs an argument set to find the jar. So the code looks like this:

with open("test.json"winking smiley as BOB:
chains=json.load(BOcool smiley

spmf = Spmf("AprioriInverse", input_direct=chains,
output_filename="output.txt",
spmf_bin_location_dir="/home/evelyn/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/spmf/",
arguments=[0.1, 0.6])

spmf.run()

exit()

Re: Installation of python wrapper for SPMF
Date: July 01, 2020 04:50AM

Hi!

Glad you have found the solution as I am not a Python user. So that is good that you have found the solution by yourself, and also happy that you share it.

Could you help me to write a small tutorial explaining how to use SPMF from Python to run an algorithm?

Then, I could put it on the official webpage of SPMF and I could also add you as a contributior. I think that many people would be interested to run it from Python!

Best regards,

Philippe

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.