The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Which classification model(s)?
Posted by: Jan
Date: October 10, 2020 01:30PM

I'm new to data mining... I have a classification problem. I would like to classify in class A and class B. But I don't need all rows to be classified. It's more important to be sure on as many of the rows as possible. I tried some methods, which had confidences of minly between 50 and 65%. Even if the model is only giving me a clear indication for e. g. 10% of data, but would be confident 90%, that would be better than models, which are not sure. Are there any models, which do that? Which?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 09:04PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which model(s)?
Date: October 10, 2020 08:52PM

Hi Jan,

I think it depends on your data. I do not know any models specifically designed for that. But you may want to try different classification models and see which one works best. It would depend on the characteristics of your data.

Related to this, there are some models for imbalanced data. Imbalanced means that there are much more records of a class A than of a class B for example. But I think this may not be your case. If your data is imbalanced, you may look into this

Best regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.