The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Difference between SCI and SCIE journal
Posted by: Ashish Rai
Date: October 31, 2020 07:17AM

Hello,

I just want to know the difference in quality of publishing the articles in SCI and SCIE. Which is best in terms of quality and visibility of publishing the articles in journals SCI or SCIE.

Regards
Ashish

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Difference between SCI and SCIE journal
Date: October 31, 2020 08:17AM

Hi Ashish,

SCI is more restrictive than SCIE.

SCI is an index for journal that was proposed many years ago. Then SCIE was proposed to include more journals. You can think of SCIE as an extension of SCI. That is why SCIE means SCI Expanded.

So basically SCI can be viewed as more selective than SCIE. SCI includes some older journals that have a more well-established reputation than some newer journals in SCIE.

However, I think that there are also some good journals in SCIE so there is maybe not a universal rules that SCI is always better than SCIE. Bu I guess that SCI journals may be a bit better than those of SCIE, although not always true.

In academia, often people don't care too much about the difference between SCI and SCIE. I think it depends on where you are. Some universities will perhaps pay attention to the difference or they may not.

But as with all kinds of metrics like H-Index, impact factor, citation count, indexes, etc., I think it is just some indicator of quality. But it does not tell the whole story. For me, the reputation of a journal in my field is more important than things like its impact factor etc.

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 08:18AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.