The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

SPMF 0.82 is released! - 30-06-12 - bug fix in SPAM implementation
Date: June 30, 2012 05:58PM

Hello everyone,

This is to let you know that I have updated the SPMF data mining software to version 0.82.

This is a minor version. The main difference with 0.81 is that I have fixed a bug in my SPAM algorithm implementation. The bug occurred when the minsup parameter was set to 0. I'm thankful to D. Bhatt who has reported the bug to me.

To fix the bug, you can download the new version. Or, it is possible to fix the bug manually by replacing the following line in the file AlgoSPAM.java :

minsup = (int)(minsupRel * sequencesSize.size());

with:
minsup = (int)(minsupRel * sequencesSize.size());
        if(minsup ==0){
            minsup =1;
        }

That's it.

Besides that, I have been quite busy lately so I did not have time yet to implement some new algorithms. But I will continue improving the software when I have some free time and add some new algorithms. This will be for the next version. smiling smiley

By the way, I'm glad that the counter on the website indicates that there is almost 22,000 hits on the website since two years. Last January the counter showed 15,000. So that means that there was 7000 hits just during the last six months, which is a great increase.

Thanks to all of you,

Philippe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2012 06:00PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPMF 0.82 is released! - 30-06-12 - bug fix in SPAM implementation
Posted by: Dvijesh88
Date: July 01, 2012 06:17AM

Good things in the world always appreciated and you doing that. normally author never share their code.

thank to you that we got this. and always look for the next version.

Posted by: fendi
Date: July 04, 2012 01:28AM

awesome...
can I download it.. ???
much learn from this smiling smiley

Date: July 04, 2012 04:29AM

Hi Fendi,

Welcome to the forum. smiling smiley

You can download the new version from the download page of the website:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/index.php?link=download.php

Now i need to go to a meeting. I will answer your question about the lift later today.

Best,

Philippe

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.