The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

High Dimensional data
Posted by: Lara
Date: November 28, 2020 06:02AM

Hey Sir,
I would like to know about high dimensional data mining.
Domains in which high dimensional data is important.
Some examples of high-dimensional data.

kind regards,
Lara

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Dimensional data
Date: November 28, 2020 07:42AM

Hi,

High dimensional data just means that you have many dimensions (features/attributes/properties) to decribe your data.

In real-life, we sometimes have the low-dimensional data. For example, you could have data about customers in a store, where each customer only have a few attributes like : name, birthdate, phone number, e-mail

Or you could have data with many dimensions. For example, if you want to analyze text data like a webpage, you could have hundreds of features depending on what you want to do with the text like: language, number of words, number of comma, , average number of words per sentence, etc.

Besides, nowadays, there will be some models that will automatically generate features from your data. For example, some deep learning models may automatically extract hundreds of features from text and images.

So text and image are good examples of high dimensional data. But I think there are many others.

Lara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Sir,
> I would like to know about high dimensional data
> mining.
> Domains in which high dimensional data is
> important.
> Some examples of high-dimensional data.
>
> kind regards,
> Lara

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.