The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Standard known solution for Utility transaction dataset
Posted by: Logeswaran
Date: May 01, 2021 06:47AM

Professor,
I am doing research on HUIM.
For result discussion, I planned to measure the performance of algorithm by comparing the no HUIs mined with standard known HUIs for particular dataset sucha as Chess, Mushroom, Connect.

Where I can found the standard known HUIs and its utility for any benchmark transaction dataset.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Standard known solution for Utility transaction dataset
Date: May 02, 2021 06:22PM

Hi,

If you want to know the number of HUIs in a dataset, you can run the exact algorithms like EFIM, FHM, and HUI-Miner. All of these algorithms are complete, which means that they always find ALL the high utility itemsets. So if you want to know how many HUIs for some minutil value, you can just use one of those algorithms and you will know.

In SPMF, there are also some approximate algorithms like HUIM-GA, HUIM-BPSO etc. Those algorithms may not find all the HUIs because they are not complete algorithms. They use evolutionary or swarm intelligence techniques to try to find an approximate solution more quickly.

Besides that you can also find details about experiments and number of HUIs in experimental evaluation of HUIM papers.

Best regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.