The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Why is it running FHN algorithm, display an error: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Posted by: jacky
Date: September 12, 2021 05:59PM

When I was running the accident datasets and Psumb datasets, the results would be wrong, but other mushrooms, Retail and Chess were running correctly

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
at FHN2.AlgoFHN.runAlgorithm(AlgoFHN.java:165)
at FHN2.MainTestFHN_saveToFile.main(MainTestFHN_saveToFile.java:25)
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is it running FHN algorithm, display an error: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date: September 13, 2021 03:11AM

Hi,

I think that you have probably used the wrong version of these datasets.

On the dataset page of SPMF, there are different versions of these datasets.

The version of these datasets for frequent itemset mining should not be used with FHN because it does not contain utility information. It will thus throw some error.

Instead you should use the version of these datasets for high utility itemset mining!

Best regards,

Re: Why is it running FHN algorithm, display an error: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date: September 15, 2021 12:25AM

Thank you for your answer

I am not using the wrong version of the dataset, I am using the datasets for high utility itemset mining with negative unit profit values, which is the datasets used in the FHN algorithm.
retail negative, mushrom negative, pumsb negative,chess negative,accidents negative.

Date: September 15, 2021 09:15PM

Hi again,

I am trying to reproduce the problem, but I do not succeed.

With the GUI of SPMF, I run FHN on pumsb_negative.txt and minutil = 9999995 and there is no problem:

============= FHN ALGORITHM v0.96r18 - STATS =============
Total time ~ 3663 ms
Memory ~ 837.130859375 MB
High-utility itemsets count : 0
Candidate count : 0
===================================================

If I tried also from the example MainTestFHN_savetoFile but with pumsb_negative.txt, as you did, and minutil = 809999999, it also works:

============= FHN ALGORITHM v0.96r18 - STATS =============
Total time ~ 1871 ms
Memory ~ 85.49714660644531 MB
High-utility itemsets count : 0
Candidate count : 0
===================================================

The line number from the exception that you posted points to line 125 of the code of FHN which is for loading the database... So it seems to be likely an error about the format of the input file... Are you sure you used the right file?

If not, maybe you can tell me which minutil value you have used so that I can reproduce the bug, and then fix it.

Best regards

Date: September 20, 2021 05:40AM

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I found the cause of my mistake

Best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2021 05:41AM by jacky.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.