The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Ph.D. Research Ideas
Posted by: i201606
Date: December 28, 2021 01:27AM

Hi Professor,
Could you please give me some ideas regarding my Ph.D. (CS)? Actually, I have already done literature on FIM, HUIM Clos-FHUIM, etc with different approaches but unfortunately could not find a remarkable gap (according to Ph.D. research). Please advise.

I have also submitted the paper to "Applied Intelligence" on the topic of "Closed-HUFIM: An Efficient Closed High Utility Frequent Itemsets Mining Algorithm Using Cutoff and Suffix Utility". I know it has a minor contribution but enough to publish the paper but not for research.

Thanks in advance.
Ph.D. (CS) Scholar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ph.D. Research Ideas
Date: January 01, 2022 12:26AM

Good afternoon and happy new year.

1) It is good that you have submitted to Applied Intelligence. I am associate EiC in that journal but did not see your paper yet. Perhaps that I will see it later.

2) For research ideas, I understand. Sometimes it is not easy to find some new ideas. I can maybe give you one or two suggestions. But it is better to discuss this by e-mail otherwise, someone else may take the ideas ;-)

You may send me an e-mail to philfv8 AT yahoo DOT com and tell me what topics you have thought about and I may give you some ideas perhaps.

Best regards,

Re: Ph.D. Research Ideas
Posted by: i201606
Date: January 01, 2022 11:58AM

Thanks for your reponse. Just sent you an email. My email id is i201606@nu.edu.pk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 12:02PM by i201606.

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.