The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

Mining Association Rules from Stream
Posted by: Cassio
Date: December 10, 2012 05:57AM

Hi,

I need to implement an algorithm to mine Association Rules from streams (with some adaptation to run distributed).

I intent to use the Itemset-Tree from Kubat as a reference. Does anyone have a suggestion about other algorithms for this purpose, or is Kubat efficient enough compared to others?

Any reference is welcome!

Cassio

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mining Association Rules from Stream
Date: December 10, 2012 06:04AM

Hi Cassio,

Welcome to the forum.

The itemset-tree from Kubat is suitable for an incremental database where new transactions appears. However, i'm not sure that it would be suitable for a stream. Usually, for a stream, we suppose that the stream can be infinite. Perhaps that the itemset-tree would become too large.

Maybe you should look for an algorithm that is specialized for streams such as this one:

"On-line generation association rules over data streams"
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1355092

But I don't have source code for this algorithm.

Philippe

Posted by: Cassio
Date: December 10, 2012 06:41AM

Merci Philippe.

Maybe I misinterpreted the word. By stream I meant "continuous flow of new transactions", in which a new transaction is finite.

I'll try to implement their algorithm and compare with the one from Kubat. If everything goes ok, I can release it to SPMF eventually smiling smiley

Don't hesitate to post more references to this thread if you find something!

Best,
Cassio

Date: December 13, 2012 07:08PM

Hi Cassio,

Ok.

Yes, if you want to release the source code in SPMF eventually, just let me know. It would be great. I would put your name in the contributors' list and give you credit on the website. ;-)

Best,

Philippe

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.