The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

SPMF news: a new mailing list to get updates about the software
Date: January 30, 2013 05:49PM

Hi everyone,

This is to let you know that I have created a mailing list for the SPMF data mining software. If you want to get updates about new releases and other information, you can register here:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/index.php?link=mailinglist.php

For the next two months, I don't plan to make any update. But this summer, I'm planning to do a major update. I'm currently thinking about doing doing this:
- Clean the code so that there is less redundant classes in different packages (for example, there are several SequenceDatabase classes. Some of them could be replaced by a single one.
- I would like also to make it easier to read various file format by all algorithms. For example, if a user want to use string as input, I want to make it work with all the algorithms. And I want that the algorithms remain as efficient as before if they use strings instead of integers.
- Another improvement that I want to perform is to standardize the output format. For example, there are several frequent pattern mining algorithms. But the exact syntax of their output is not exactly the same. It would be better to standardize the output to make it easier to replace an algorithm by another.
- I want to write a developer guide for people who are new to the project and want modify the software.
- I want to write some simple tutorials to explain how to use the main algorithms on various kinds of data
- I want to make some additional performance comparison with other implementations and put it on the "performance" page of the website.
- Also, I will include some new algorithms that I have implemented but i have not yet added to SPMF!.

Lots of work ahead! By the way, if anyone wants to share algorithm implementations to be included in the project, I would be very happy to do it and to add your name as a contributor to the project.

Best,

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2013 05:52PM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.