The Data Mining Forum                             open-source data mining software data mining conferences Data Science for Social and Behavioral Analytics DSSBA 2022 data science journal
IMPORTANT: This is the old Data Mining forum.
I keep it online so that you can read the old messages.

Please post your new messages in the new forum: https://forum2.philippe-fournier-viger.com/index.php

PrefixSpan: Error while running the test files
Posted by: saiph
Date: June 04, 2013 08:36AM

When I try to run the test files I get the following:

$ java -jar spmf.jar run PrefixSpan test_files/contextPrefixSpan.txt output.txt 50%
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
	at ca.pfv.spmf.gui.MainWindow.runAlgorithm(MainWindow.java:1228)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.gui.MainWindow.commandLine(MainWindow.java:2040)
	at ca.pfv.spmf.gui.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:190)

And a X11 window appears displaying the same error message, which should not happen since I'm running through the command line.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PrefixSpan: Error while running the test files
Date: June 04, 2013 08:57AM

The problem is that I have added a parameter to PrefixSpan in the latest version of SPMF and that I forgot to add it to the documentation.

The parameter is the maximum length of sequential patterns that you want to discover.

You can add it as follows:

java -jar spmf.jar run PrefixSpan test_files/contextPrefixSpan.txt output.txt 50% 100

For example, this will mean that you want to find pattern with a maximum length of 100 items.

If you omit this parameter, it will give the error that you had.

I will update the documentation to add this parameter.

Thanks for telling me about the bug!

I will also try to fix it so that errors are shown in the console rather than in a X11 window for next version, when the command line is used.

Philippe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 09:02AM by webmasterphilfv.

Options: ReplyQuote

This forum is powered by Phorum and provided by P. Fournier-Viger (© 2012).
Terms of use.